Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How does Greenways Academy adjust their courses for each student’s needs?
- A: With one-on-one teaching, Greenways Academy teachers are able to accommodate each student’s unique learning style. In addition, courses can be modified to accommodate disabilities, including the use of an IEP or 504 Plan.
Q: Can my student take courses at Greenways Academy and another high school at the same time?
- A: Yes. As an accredited high school, Greenways credits can be transferred to other high schools. We offer full-time, part-time, or course-by-course enrollment. Credits to be used toward graduation at another high school should be reviewed and approved by that school prior to enrollment.
Q: Is a Greenways Academy’s diploma the same as other high schools?
- A: Yes, a Greenways Academy diploma is accredited and recognized by colleges and Universities worldwide.
Q: Is a Greenways Academy’s diploma different than a G.E.D?
- A: Yes. A GED is a series of exams administered to certify high school level academic skills. Since Greenways Academy is a school, each of our graduation requirements must be met before a diploma is issued. Every Greenways Academy course is taught by a teacher able to provide comments and assist students through trouble areas, and classes
Enrollment and Tuition:
Q: When can I start?
- A:Greenways Academy has a rolling admissions process; therefore students may enroll any time.
Q: How do I enroll at Greenways Academy?
- A: You can enroll online, e-mail our admissions administrator at Julie@greenwaysacademy.com, or call us at 1-866-677-2111
Q: How do I pay for my courses?
- A: We accept Mastercard, Visa, check or money order.
How classes work:
Q: Do I need to download or buy any computer programs?
- A: No. Greenways courses are taken online and can be accessed through most web browsers (Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc) High speed internet service is recommended but not required.
Q: How do I turn in assignments?
- A: After completing a lesson, students review, save, and submit their work online. Submitted lessons are transfered to your teacher who will grade, comment on, and return it within 48-72 hours.
Q: Are there “due-dates” for assignments?
- A: Courses at Greenways Academy are completely self-paced. If course credit(s) are to be applied toward graduation at another school, we recommend setting a schedule for completion with your school counselor or credit advisor.
Q: How can I interact with my teacher?
- A: There are many ways students can interact with their teacher including: 1) submit comments or questions with each lesson, 2) write messages to teachers through their course websites, 3) e-mail their teacher directly, or 4) schedule a phone conference.
Q: If I miss an answer to a question, will I be given a correct answer?
- A: Correct answers can be provided as part of the grading and
teacher-student collaboration. Also, when appropriate, a student will be
supplied samples of completed work by their teacher to help the student
further understand what is expected in the assignment.
Q: What sort of a computer, network and operating skills do I need for the Greenways Academy courses?