CIS 194 – Business Technology Fundamentals
This course is the first in a series that will prepare learners for a Google IT Certificate. Learn more about the certificate here. Technology fuels the businesses of today, and businesses need competent technology professionals to support the infrastructure that drives their success. In this, you’ll be introduced to this environment and will learn about critical business tech support functions, including managing an organization’s hardware, networking technology, and software, as well as how to solve technical problems for business technology users.
In this course you will learn:
- How the binary system works.
- How to assemble a computer from scratch.
- How to choose and install an operating system on a computer, understand what the Internet is, how it works, and the impact it has in the modern world.
- How applications are created and how they work under the hood of a computer.
- How to utilize common problem-solving methodologies and soft skills in an information technology setting.